In this post, I will be taking you through the first step in the application process for the NMBI, specifically in filling out the Overseas Application Request form. Filipino nurses wishing to apply belong to Group 3 which includes applicants trained outside the European Union.
Here are a few things you need to have or do before you apply:
- IELTS (both Regular Academic and UKVI are accepted) result as follows:
- Listening and Reading: 6.5
- Writing and Speaking: 7.0
- Overall Band Score: 7.0
- Application fee of 350 Euros
- Read the Guide for Overseas Applicants.
Once you have all of those listed above, you may download the application form from this link.
The form contains 3 pages and will look like as follows:
This form requires you to provide:
- Personal contact details
- Division(s) of the Register
- Your IELTS Test Result Form (TRF) number
- Details of your Debit/Credit Card so that the assessment fee may be deducted
Once you have completely filled out the request form, you may send it to the NMBI either of the following:
- By post or courier, addressed to NMBI as indicated on page 1 of the request form.
- By e-mail to an Ireland based agency who will then print and forward the accomplished form to the NMBI.
You can now sit back, relax and wait for your NMBI Overseas Pack to arrive. If you have authorized an agency to process the application on your behalf, the pack will be sent to their Irish address. The agency will scan the entire contents of the pack and you can print it in the comforts of your home.
Many successful NMBI applicants would suggest, and I will not disagree, to go through an agency since this would be a faster process. NMBI uses regular postage to send the application pack, so it may take quite some time to arrive in the Philippines if you don’t have an Ireland based agency.
I hope that this blog has given you an insight on how to start your quest to become a nurse in Ireland. My next blog post will be about the steps in accomplishing the Overseas Application pack.